For a quick and healthy family meal, give this Grilled Shrimp Taco recipe a try!
Recipe By: Daisy Brand Cottage Cheese
Prep Time: 25 minutes; Serves: 6 (2 tacos per serving)
- 1 1/2 pounds large cleaned uncooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Daisy Sour Cream
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mix the paprika, lemon zest, chili powder and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the shrimp; toss to coat.
- Thread the shrimp on skewers (soak bamboo ones in water prior to grilling).
- Grill the shrimp over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning once, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- In another medium bowl, mix the remaining 4 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Stir into the coleslaw mix.
- Heat the tortillas as directed on the package.
For each taco, divide the shrimp among the tortillas. Top each with the coleslaw. Garnish with the sour cream. Enjoy!